Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkins & Surfing

Friday's are always our Surf PE day - only in So. Cal, right? Travis and I leave early in the morning and head to Buccaneer Beach. Surfing is from 7:00 - 10:00 a.m. I normally hang out and have coffee at Buccaneer Brew while I correct papers. If I'm pretty caught up on my correcting, I have time to take a walk. The exciting life of homeschoolers!
Today, I went for coffee and a bike ride with Laura. How fun! It was sunny, warm and beautiful. The surf was a up a bit today, the water was about 69 degrees and there was almost no wind. While I was working hard at the beach, Donald and Alex picked pumpkins and birdhouse gourds. We had a pretty good crop. We're not sure yet what we will do with all of the gourds. We need to finish cleaning things up a bit in the garden and then get to planting our winter garden. Oh my - I think I will have a few family members ready to strike soon. They are so done with the garden! But after all of the summer veggies - don't we need to try the winter ones?
~cindy~

No comments:

Post a Comment