Thursday, October 29, 2009

wind-powered dryer


Several months ago I decided to stop using my dryer. Donald hung a clothesline and the rest is history. I have pretty much consistently used only the clothesline ever since. It is really awesome - so relaxing! Sometimes it can be annoying or more time consuming, but normally I just love the opportunity to get out in the fresh air, think about each family member as I am hanging their clothes and save money too. I'm not exactly sure how much we're saving each month, but every bit helps. As it gets colder, I'm sure I'll have to go back to the dryer - but for now - I love it!
This picture shows our little clothes line, our shed/chicken coop in the background and also one of our cats, Rufus -- who we rescued off a roof of a church a couple of years ago, but that's a whole different story.
~cindy~

No comments:

Post a Comment