Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pink Milk and Heart Shaped Pancakes

What a lovely way to spend Valentine's Day. I got up early and enjoyed some coffee and quiet. I mixed up a batch of pink milk and set the table and put out the little love notes for everyone. Then I made an adorable batch of heart shaped pancakes, however, I heard that the red sprinkles that I used actually got a bit crunchy as they cooked - ooops! After church we had a nice lunch out and then a beautiful ride around Oceanside. It was just gorgeous down there.
When we got home I needed to get to work on some gourd birdhouses that a friend of mine ordered - how exciting, my first real order and sale!
On the garden front - I went to Lowe's today to check out the heirloom seeds that they have - quite a few. It's time to start planning and soon it will be time to plant. I'm waiting for a catalog I ordered from a rare seed bank.
We heard from Donald's Aunt that she saw our little bunny friends today. They were hanging out by the shed where we left them, and she thought they looked like they were growing. I'm glad to hear that they are still around.
We're having a romantic dinner for 5 and then watching the Amazing Race - what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment